The British Advertising Standards Authority have pulled another advert this week, but this time it's an image advertising swimwear at Drop Dead Clothing (nope no idea either) and its over their use of a 'socially irresponsible' looking model.
The model featured, Amanda Hendrick was considered too thin by the ASA after complaints from customers about the images featuring her, they ordered it gone!
This isn't the first time (or the last) that the ASA have complained about certain imagery - the last one I can recall was Topshop, but I can see their point with this one. I'm all for a bit of responsibilty but if the model claims she is healthy then, can we really judge? If this was a plus sized campaign and the model was obese, would we see the same complaints? No. But the reverse happens all the time. Some women are just thin and very thin! We all different shapes and sizes and we need to respect that. I will state this should only be the case when the person is healthy.
Oh and its more then likely going to happen again because Hendrick will be starring in Topshop's Christmas campaign as well.


0 Yorumlar