Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Top Products to Combat Dry Winter Lips

Hi guys ! Happy Monday ? How was your weekend ? Again , sorry for my long absence here, life in general just got in the way - and having a sick kid doesn't make it any easier. 

I know one of my biggest problems in winter in mainly one area - my lips. My lips are SUPER sensitive and dry all year round already - so when winter rolls around I know I what steps I need to take to make sure I'm not stuck with red, sore cracking lips. Not at all pretty , especially since we all want pretty soft kissable lips all year round. 

As I mentioned a few times, I do have extremely sensitive lips - and with some food allergies these tend to get unbearable really quickly. Today I am sharing some of my all time favourite lip care products that I reach for in winter. 

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub
This is by far my all time favourite lip scrub and scent. I know the Bubblegum one and Popcorn ones are apparently just as awesome - but I love the scent of this one. I have tried a few different brands / homemade ones - but this by far does the best job of exfoliating my lips without drying them out or being to harsh. 

Once a week (usually on a Sunday night ) I use a little bit of this scrub on my lips . The sugars help exfoliate your lips , and the oils in the scrub gives a little bit of hydration. I follow this with my Nuxe lipbalm and I'm set for the week. 

Nuxe Reve De Miel  lipbalm

I will start of by saying - Yes , this is an expensive lipbalm - and trust me it made my picks for a reason. I discovered this amazing lip balm last year June , when I had dry red sore lips and nothing else seemed to help. This balm was the only thing that saved my lips and since then I'm obsessed with it.

This balm is extremely nourishing , it hydrates lips quickly , and since it leaves a balmy texture on your lips for quite a bit , you won't feel the need to re-apply every 20 minutes. This balm really works wonders - and if you ever wondered if it is worth the splurge it is.

A little goes a long way, and I have heard some people get up to 6 months use of this container. I use more than the average person, so I've been through a lot of these, but I can't see myself moving away from this lipbalm anytime soon. It's definitely got holy grail status.
Essence Prettifying Lip Oil 

This is a new add on to the top products. Essence has three colours in the range, a yellow one, a pink one and a red one. I am already on my second container of these gorgeous oils.

They are hydrating , and leaves a light layer of oil on your lips to gently nourish and hydrate dry lips. While these won't save extremely sore cracked lips, these are perfect for everyday wear and to help lips against cold . I love using these instead of lipstick on my off days, or on colder days at work when I know my lips are dry. 
Zam Buk 

Okay so I know this is technically not just a lipbalm - but this does work wonders and is REALLY REALLY affordable. Even though it's green it doesn't leave a green film on your lips. It does have a strange smell- extremely medically smell . 

If you can't afford the Nuxe balm, I would definitely recommend trying out this one. It does heal your lips, and gives some light hydration. I always make sure I have one in my work bag and handbag, if I need it in a pinch . 

I would really recommend this one first if you have really really really red sore lips, as this will heal the redness the fastest and then you can treat your lips with other products if needed. And let's be real - spending less than R5,00 on one of these tins won't break the bank. 

Zam Buk does have a cherry lipbalm version too - but I still prefer the normal green one. The Cherry Lip Balm does smell amazing , but I feel it doesn't really hydrate your lips as well as the normal Zum Buk.


What's YOUR favourite lip balm / treatment at the moment ?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar