Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

hard up and hungry

When I went away to college, I don't think my mother was too worried about me cooking. Since she knew I could cook. However she was a little bit worried about my funds and the introduction of foods such as 'garlic cheese chips' to my already shit teenage diet.
So this was her solution, herself and my father while shopping in cambridge came across this book and brought it back for me. Hard up and hungry was written after the author's kids went to college and ate nothing but shit food before becoming broke (and possibly fat) and unhealthy.
It does have its moments, some of the food is a little bit odd. But for the most part its full of good advice and actual home cooking - American home cooking that is.
I learned how to make a few things but have oddly come back to sloppy joes repeatedly. The book sits on my shelf in the house still. I just saw it there a few days ago which brought memories of first year in college flooding back.....ah yes....
Those were days of cheap cider, tesco value chocolate and microwave pizza at two in the morning. We went out three nights a week and then worked weekends...Couldn't manage that now! Ah getting old!
I suppose I'm just missing the old days because college is due to finish in two days time!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar