Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Les Jeans de Chanel

Today I've got all three limited edition blue polishes that Chanel released this past September. As often happens when I buy Chanel polishes, I ordered them, got them, then ignored them for weeks. It's the "oh man, I spent all that money, what if I find out they're not that special" effect. I debated hard with myself about whether to get them at all, but in the end I decided to do it, since I do like blue and I didn't think I'd have trouble swapping these away if it came to that. (When I ordered them, I saw Mimosa was still available, and wavered for a moment—I'd been holding strong against it, but there it was, taunting me. Was it still being there a sign I should get it? I managed to complete my order Mimosa-free, but it was dicey there for a bit.) There are three colors in this collection: Coco Blue, a sky blue shimmer, Blue Boy, a medium slightly dusty blue creme, and Blue Rebel, a dark dusty blue creme.



I started with Coco Blue, which started out a little streaky but was okay by the time the third coat went on.



I did say this was a shimmer, though a glance at the photo above might not show that. See, here's the bottle—shimmery:



To see the shimmer on the nail, you need direct sun (or a camera flash or some such).



Because of the subtleness of the shimmer in Coco Blue, I felt completely comfortable comparing it to a creme, OPI What's With the Cattitude, when that base color was the closest match I found when going through my nail wheels.




Top to bottom: What's With the Cattitude, Coco Blue.


The OPI is a tiny bit darker and of course has no shimmer, but if you want sky blue nails it's a fine alternative. It was also three coats, like the Chanel.

Blue Boy was almost a two-coater but I did three. This is my favorite of the collection.



The closest I could find in my stash to Blue Boy was Joe Fresh Persian Blue.




Top to bottom: Blue Boy, Persian Blue.


These are pretty similar; Persian Blue has maybe a hint more teal and a touch less grey. I used two coats of Persian Blue and that was plenty.

Blue Rebel took two coats, and pleasantly enough did not look black in normal room light as dark blues sometimes do.



Speaking of blues that tend to look black, the nearest match I could find to Blue Rebel was Finger Paints Cobalt Cardigan, and it wasn't that near.




Top to bottom: Blue Rebel, Cobalt Cardigan.


Despite it being darker than Blue Rebel, Cobalt Cardigan demanded three coats. I was surprised I didn't have anything closer to Blue Rebel; maybe I do and it's just not made it onto a nail wheel yet.

I believe these are now sold out, at least online at retail prices, though some Chanel counters might have a few left, I suppose. I don't think these are colors that one needs to be too sad about missing, though. They're nice, but there are equally nice blues out there for less money.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar