If the answer to this is no, it may well be that it is the skin on each bean that you don't like. If removed, the bean becomes a whole different entity!
I picked a small amount of these this morning, de-podded and blanched them. Once cold I processed them as follows:
First, tear a small amount of the skin from the end opposite to the white/brown mark where it joined the pod.
Then squeeze the other end gently.
And outs pops the bean.
I then open freeze these and bag once frozen. They take just a few minutes to cook from frozen in lightly salted water or can be gentle sauteed in butter with a squeeze of lemon juice.
This method works particularly well with large beans or those bought from the shop that have usually been picked ages ago. Yes, I know, life is too short for some of you but doing some each day builds up to a lot of nice beans for winter as well as using the smaller ones in summer.
I also had 1/2 a cereal bowl of mixed blueberries, raspberries and blackcurrants. Some were added to a basic sponge mix to make muffins - I only had 2 eggs so everything was weighed to match their weight:
The rest were made into small crumbles.
We have just had our first light shower and everything in the garden looks refreshed and the air smells wonderful!
0 Yorumlar