It was bitter cold here last week... a good week to keep the oven on! This week isn't supposed to be much better so we will continue to "hunker down" and stay warm.
Hubby made crinkle fries and hot dogs in the air fryer.
We topped the dogs with homemade cucumber relish...
Calzones made with pizza dough. I totally forgot to put the cheese inside so we just sprinkled it on top...
Apple hand pies for dessert. Next time I will drizzle a little bit of glaze on top.
I've been experimenting with making my own rubs and spices. This one was for pork... a teaspoon each of salt, paprika, cumin, sage, parsley, onion and garlic powder, oregano and chili powder, and a quarter teaspoon each of black pepper and red pepper flakes.
I used the above rub on a pork loin roast that I cooked in the air fryer. It was good! I usually cook pork so long that it is dry and tasteless but this roast was juicy with a crisp coating. Served with sour cream mashed potatoes and peas...
Another loaf of potato bread. I've looked in every local store for a potato ricer and no one had one so I ordered one from Amazon. It will be here on Wednesday... just in time for another loaf of bread!
We had some leftover chili and leftover macaroni so I heated them both up, put the macaroni in a bowl and topped it with the chili and grated parmesan cheese. Potato bread on the side... this bread is so good we don't even put butter on it...
Today was football all day long... it's that time of the year! So this was lunch and dinner... cheddar cheese ball, ham and cheese roll ups, sliced Havarti cheese, assorted crackers, onion dip (hubby's favorite), chow-chow that was a gift from our daughter in law, pepperoni, barbeque kielbasa, pickles, pistachios, Oreos and chocolates. I had a glass of red wine, hubby had a beer. I always think of this as an easy meal, but you know what? It takes just as long to fix as it does to make dinner!
Hope you are staying safe and warm and that delicious things are being made in your kitchen.
Have a great week everyone!
Stay safe and well and
Thanks for dropping by...

0 Yorumlar