Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mother's Day

There are four reasons I love being a mother (even with all of its challenges and heart aches):


#1

#2

#3

#4

I was also blessed with not one but two good mothers...

 The one who raised, nurtured and cared for me as a child...

...and the one who gave me life, gave me away, and then returned into my life when I was an adult.

Both of my mothers have blessed my life and I am grateful for them and all the love and care they have given me throughout the years.



Today has been a very nice Mother's Day.  I attended an early church service so that I could be home, anxiously awaiting the skype call from Joshua in Mexico.  I so appreciate the pictures, cards and sweet notes of love from my husband, children and grandchildren.

From oldest daughter and family

 From second oldest and family

 From my oldest grandson

A lovely card and note from my hubby

Everything was awesome and made my day extra special!

The long awaited skype call with our missionary took place in the late afternoon and was about 40 minutes late, but it was well worth the wait.




Of course we were very excited to get to spend 45 minutes skyping with Elder Jones (Josh) this afternoon.  He looked great and he is happy and doing well.  The highlight of our conversation was when he gave our family prayer in Spanish, then ended our conversation with "never forget how much I love you."  We surely are proud of this guy!

Later, we got to skype with our grand kids in Utah. The blurry child is the youngest grandson who was literally bouncing up and down throughout the entire skype call.  He is such a bundle of energy!

It was fun to talk to some of our grand kids and hear what is going on in their young lives. They played the piano for us and told us about all their activities.

After talking to the grand kids, hubby and I took a walk in the cool of the evening.  It was a nice way to end a wonderful Mother's Day. 




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar