I've been in one of those tender, teary, wacky states lately. Animal joy, human melancholy.* Oh, of course! It was the full moon coming on. The Wolf Moon, the full January moon.
Hubby saw it rising last night. I saw it rising tonight while we were traveling. He was driving (with one headlight), and it was not safe for him to look back over his left shoulder at that particular angle. But now we're home, and he can gaze (and howl) all he wants.
So can I!
Two wall calendars in our house say the full moon is tomorrow, but I'll be happy (or sobbing) whenever I find it. Now, thanks to this particular NBC science website, I'll be looking forward to the Full Pink Moon in April.
Meanwhile, I finished Winter Journal and am reading The Bay of Noon (not The Bay of a Wolf at the Moon), by Shirley Hazzard. Oh, what wonderful, subtle, full writing here. I loved two other novels by her, The Transit of Venus and The Great Fire, so I am glad to be reading this one, too. It's our next book club book, and I'm starting it so early, I'll be able to read it twice! It's set in Naples (at the moment).
Reading a bunch of poetry books, too. Very moony and loony am I lately.
*Translation: laughing while crying at an episode of 30 Rock. O, that Tina Fey!



0 Yorumlar