Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Occasional Superheroine Reader Profile: ANJ


Name: Anj

Location: Boston

Occupation: ER physician

Comics you read: Too many to count. But current ones worth mentioning: Criminal, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Supergirl, Legion, JSA, Fallen Angel, The Programme, Ex Machina

Fave artist: Phil Noto, Dan Brereton

Fave writer: Ed Brubaker, historically Howard Chaykin

Fave character: Supergirl

First comic you ever read: Been reading for more than 30yrs. But first one I can truly remember was Spiderman 161. Nightcrawler and Spiderman brawling at an amusement park. Punisher emptying clips everywhere. Pure childhood bliss.

Your favorite comic book "memory": Buying the first year of American Flagg back issues at age 16 after cashing my first ever work check. Reading them in one sitting and thinking I was all that, but also thinking that the medium was growing up like I was. The first year of Flagg still holds up after all these years.

Most frustrating comic book "moment": I absolutely loved Peter David's Supergirl comic, especially the first 50 issues. So when DC decided to remove Linda and Matrix from the current continuity, I was beyond perplexed.

Where/how do you buy your comics?: Pull folder set up at New England Comics

Floppies or trades?: Mostly floppies. Will buy trades for 'worthy' titles I want to reread ad nauseum (Brubaker's Sleeper, Moore's Swamp Thing, Morrison's JLA & Doom Patrol).

Marvel or DC?: Historically DC, although I tend to follow writers now, so I am pretty much 50/50 now.

Star Wars or Star Trek?: Star Wars

Non-comic book hobbies: Film buff, fantasy football

Personal motto: It's all good

How did you start reading "Occasional Superheroine?": happened upon it as a link one day, read regularly, comment rarely

Attached pic is Noto Supergirl commission obtained at Baltimore comicon last year.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar