I seem to have to many knitting projects on the go at once, so thus am not actually finishing much. I am hoping to have some finished by Friday to share with the Friday link ups, as they are all projects that are almost there!
This is the Lacy Raglan from a few weeks back. I am up to the last sleeve. I really like the moss stitch border on the sleeves - looks lovely.
For reading, a change from last week. I tend to swap between non-fiction, what I call 'heavy' fiction (like my plan to read through the Man Booker prize winners!) and light fiction. So this week, light fiction.
I will happily admit to my love of Amish fiction; can't get enough of it! Abby Finds Her Calling is the first in a series written by Naomi King (who, I just discovered, is Stephen King's daughter). I read it in two days - lovely reading.
I will also happily admit to my love of Mary Berry. So this novel was right up my alley. The main character spends a year baking her way through Mary Berry's Baking Bible after a disastrous school bake sale makes her determined to become the kind of mum who bakes.
Favourite quote from this book (as I'm sure all mums feel this way sometimes):
'Nobody had warned Marie about the many skills she'd need when she'd signed up for motherhood. One or another of her charges (and Robert (her husband) was in that category, whether he liked it or not) always needed her. Their levels of need changed, and that's where the juggling came in, as she bobbed and weaved, keeping all her balls in the air, keeping all her loved ones as happy as lay within her power.'
So true! Sometimes I just feel like collapsing and letting all the balls fall where they will. It is hard work being a mum and wife and keeping everything running smoothly. But so worth it in the end. Like last night, when I was putting Cuddlepie in bed (he is three years old now), he threw his arms around my neck and said 'I love you so much, Mum.' And right there, that is why we keep juggling.
School started back this week after our summer holidays. So just some baking that I did for school lunches. Monkey Face biscuits - not sure, but I think these are an Australian thing? And a lovely slice from Darling Downs Diaries - recipe here. I used coloured M&Ms instead of Maltesers. Needless to say, the boys were happy with their first day of school lunches!
And what Janeite wouldn't love this book?
A book about a duck called Mr Darcy who lives at Pemberley Park - too cute!
Hope you are having a lovely week, knitting and juggling!
Linking with Small Things for Yarn Along.


0 Yorumlar