I have been wanting lavender in our garden for a long time. When I saw pots of Spanish Lavender outside our grocery store, one was in the basket and on our way home. It will be planted in the next day or so, and at the same time I will do a whole lot of weeding. We have had a deluge of rain and those weeds love it don't they?
Wanting to find out more about the correct way to plant, I found a YouTube video here.
Lately I have enjoyed both family and friends. Get-togethers for some are all too infrequent and so when we do get together it is extra special.
Our son lives only a short distance away, and we enjoyed his company again. The last time we got together was last week, and we also enjoyed seeing our daughter-in-law the time before that. We all went out for dinner at what has become our favorite hang-out place. More of that sometime down the road.
My laptop is still acting strange and I am backing up everything! It will go well for a while and then I get that shaking screen. When I shut everything off and go back to it later it seems okay, but then comes back again. We were told of an expert who specializes in my make of laptop, so it will be dropped off to see if they can find out what the problem is and fix it. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
We went for another walk around Huntley Meadows, and I will be sharing photos in an upcoming post. We saw a lot of birds and other wildlife. I am busy in the middle of putting a post together.
Now to get to get back to this pretty Spanish Lavender. I found information on Wikipedia, link at the end of my post.
"Its scientific name is Lavandula stoechas, a species of flowering plant in the family Lamiaceae. You will see it growing naturally in several Mediterranean countries, including France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece."
"It is used commercially in air fresheners and insecticides. Flower spikes have been used internally for headaches, irritability, feverish colds and nausea, and externally for wounds, rheumatic pain and as an insect repellent. The lavender also produces essential oils, which are not used economically. The infusion of its dry inflorescences are febrifuge and fight the affections of the chest and bronchi. It is used as antiseptic, digestive, antispasmodic, healing and antibacterial. The flowers are used in aromatherapy, to prepare infusions and essential oils that contain ketones (d-camphor and d-fenchone and alcohols (borneol and terpineol)."
Thank you Wikipedia for the interesting information. You can learn more at this link.



0 Yorumlar