Yesterday we said our last goodbye to my lovely sister and it was one of the saddest days of my life.
The Humanist service was beautiful. From the wicker coffin to the music her partner and children did her proud.
The chapel was filled with so many of her family and friends that I think it was standing room only. A testament to how very much she was loved by everyone who knew her.
Her children gifted all her sisters a piece of Maggies jewellery and I have a bracelet which I am going to have her name engraved on and once that is done I will wear it every day so that she is always with me.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life without her and it is going to take a good while for my broken heart to start healing but I will get there one tiny step at a time until I can think about her without crying and just remember the good times.
On the path back to normal.....there is cooking to do, a vote to cast and some shopping to be done later. I am also going to try a gentle foray back into my sewing by prepping some fabric for the start of a quilt top. It will be one for Andy which will include a shirt which belonged to the brother he lost two years ago. I have collected other shirts from the charity shops to include with it.
Have a good day.
Sheila-x-

0 Yorumlar